Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Update

My original purpose in starting this blog was to address the cultural decay that underlies the retreat from the principles that made our country great. In the course of describing the threats our nation faces today, I found the inability to critique foreign cultures and the threats emanating from ideologies hostile to our core values wasn’t limited to the hard core left. Even many of my comrades on the right, including the secular right, found it difficult to face the specific dangers of Islam.

As a secular-right writer, I found that I had something to contribute to the understanding of the problem in Islamic culture and the threat to the West. Since that time many have joined the cause and their websites abound with excellent essays. The links on the right will lead you to writers who now know more than I do ... and do an outstanding job.

I'll add to the debate whenever I see a need that is unmet.
Best regards, Jason.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jason, I concur that many “on the right, including the secular right, found it difficult to face the specific dangers of Islam” and that “Since that time many have joined the cause and their websites abound with excellent essays.” However there remains “a need that is unmet” namely how best to deal with that threat. I would characterize “the cultural decay that underlies the retreat from the principles that made our country great” as ‘liberalism’. *It then behooves us to determine the strategy for outcompeting it in the war of ideas.* If liberalism is the underlying cause for our enabling of Islam, then our problem is less a matter of their homicide, than of our suicide.

Here you have a contribution to make, since there isn’t clarity for how to replace liberalism with sound principles.

Allen Weingarten

7/30/10, 4:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your contributions did not go by unappreciated.

-FJ

8/4/10, 8:13 AM  
Blogger Always On Watch said...

Jason,
writers who now know more than I do

I'm not sure that I know more than you!

-------------

If not for you, Jason, I wouldn't know as much as I do about Islam. You played a pivotal part in my waking up, my friend and ally.

Remember when I, a Christian, said that I'd stand shoulder-to-shoulder with you, an atheist. And I'm proud to so do, to make the alliance with you, a man of integrity and, of course, great intelligence.

I'm sorry that you won't be blogging here any longer, Jason. But you have a wealth of information in your essays and your archives.

8/10/10, 8:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Always On Watch:
I as a Jew, stand with you as a Christian, and with Jason as an atheist. We wish to sustain and develop our civilization (including its Liberty And Culture), as we protect it from our enemies. As you note, Jason has been a man of integrity & intelligence, which remains sorely in demand.

Allen Weingarten

8/12/10, 12:01 PM  
Blogger Jason Pappas said...

One of the great joys in running this blog was the inspiration I’ve received from others. It wasn’t only the positive feedback but the challenging criticism. It has given me an opportunity to appreciate how much common ground we have as fellow Americans –- for those of us who understand our heritage. And it has been a great joy getting to know each of you. Thanks for the support and friendship.

8/17/10, 10:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home