Sunday, December 07, 2014

ISIS is a teaching moment

My blog has been effectively mothballed since I have been busy researching other areas. However, I noticed how hard it is today to engage in a discussion of Islam and the nature of jihad. The counter-jihadi movement has been vilified for years because of their critique of jihadism. Oddly enough, the language and even some of the analysis has been adopted by the very mainstream media that condemned counter-jihadi authors. ISIS is teaching us something about Islam that is hard to ignore. I write about it here.

3 Comments:

Blogger Always On Watch said...

Wonderful to have you posting something again, Jason!

I must say, however, that the capacity for willful blindness is still very powerful. The falsehood that all religions speak to the goodness of mankind still reigns supreme in academia and even in religious institutions.

12/7/14, 5:06 PM  
Blogger -FJ the Dangerous and Extreme MAGA Jew said...

Merry Christmas, Jason. I see you still blog occassionally. I'll need to return more often! :)

12/24/14, 12:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jason, come on back to CRR. -RWL

2/12/16, 1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home